Rationale for Modesty Guidelines
What we wear is an expression of how we view ourselves. Matthew18:7 warns us not to be a stumbling block for anyone else. “Woe to the world because of stumbling blocks! For it is necessary that stumbling-blocks come, but woe to that man by whom the stumbling-block comes!” At FOTN, we have set forth these guidelines to limit those stumbling blocks and distractions so that everyone who is a part of Sukkot can see that YHWH is honored in our we present ourselves.
Guidelines on modesty:
- No low-cut tops
- No cleavage
- No bra straps or bralettes showing
- No tank top straps less than 2″
- No skin-tight tops
- No midriff showing if arms are raised
- No skin-tight shirts or tank tops
- No underwear showing
- Shorts must not be skin-tight
- Shorts, skirts, and dresses must be knee length or longer
- No skin tight jeans, exercise pants unless you are wearing a longer shirt/tunic/dress over them covering the hips and bottom
- Everyone please wear a dark t-shirt & shorts at co-ed swimming/water events.
Thank you for your understanding and support.